Driving side hustles make money for a lot of people. Get the enjoyment that comes along with driving your car. Work alone plus, wear casual clothes, listen to music or podcasts while you work, it can be the dream. Some people who make money with their car can make a lot of money, like this UberEATS driver who earned $8,300 in a month.
If you are thinking about ways to make money with your car, looking into these 5 driving side hustles.
5 Driving Side Hustles to Make Money with Your Car
1. Delivery driver
You could sign up to be a delivery driver for a local restaurant or delivery service, using your car or bike to transport food orders to customers. Many of these jobs allow you to set your own hours and work as much or as little as you want.
2. Rideshare driver
You could also sign up to be a driver for a rideshare service like Uber or Lyft. As a rideshare driver, you would use your own car to transport passengers to their destinations. Like delivery driving, you can set your own hours and work as much or as little as you want.
3. Grocery delivery driver
With the rise of grocery delivery services, you could also sign up to be a driver for a company like Instacart or Shipt.
These services allow customers to order groceries online, and you would use your car to pick up the groceries and deliver them to the customer’s home.
4. Advertising driver
You could also consider turning your car into a rolling billboard by signing up to be an advertising driver.
Companies will pay you to wrap your car in their advertising, which can be a great way to earn extra money while you’re driving around town.
5. Courier driver
Finally, you could work as a courier driver, transporting packages and other items between businesses or individuals.
Many courier companies are always looking for reliable drivers to help with deliveries, and you could earn extra money by using your car for this type of work.
What are car requirements?
The specific car requirements for driving side hustles can vary depending on the type of driving job you’re interested in, as well as the company you’re working for. However, here are some general requirements that may apply:
- Valid driver’s license: To work as a driver for any side hustle, you’ll need a valid driver’s license that’s in good standing. This means that you should have a clean driving record and be able to pass any required background checks.
- Age requirements: Some driving side hustles may have minimum age requirements. For example, you need to be at least 21 years old to work as a rideshare driver for companies like Uber or Lyft.
- Vehicle requirements: Depending on the company you’re working for, your vehicle may need to meet certain requirements. For example, if you’re working as a delivery driver, your car may need to have enough space to hold the items you’re delivering. If you’re working as a rideshare driver, your car may need to meet certain year, make, and model requirements.
- Insurance requirements: When you’re using your car for side hustles, it’s important to make sure you have the right insurance coverage. Many companies will require you to have a certain level of liability insurance, and some may also require you to have additional coverage like collision or comprehensive insurance.
It’s always a good idea to research the specific requirements for the driving side hustle you’re interested in and make sure you’re prepared to meet those requirements before you start working.
What are driver requirements?
The driver requirements for driving side hustles can vary depending on the type of driving job you’re interested in, as well as the company you’re working for. However, here are some general driver requirements that may apply:
- Age: Many driving side hustles have age requirements. For example, to work as a rideshare driver for companies like Uber or Lyft, you typically need to be at least 21 years old.
- Driving record: To work as a driver for any side hustle, you’ll need a clean driving record. This means that you should not have any major violations like DUIs or reckless driving, and you should have a record of safe driving.
- Background checks: Many companies that offer driving side hustles will conduct background checks on their drivers. These checks may include criminal history, driving history, and other factors.
- Smartphone: If you’re working as a rideshare or delivery driver, you’ll typically need a smartphone that can run the required apps. This allows you to accept ride requests, navigate to destinations, and communicate with customers.
- Customer service skills: As a driver, you’ll need to be able to interact with customers in a friendly and professional manner. This means that you should have strong customer service skills and be able to handle any issues that may arise during your work.
Are driving side hustles worth it?
Whether driving side hustles are worth it depends on your individual circumstances and goals. Here are some factors to consider when deciding whether a driving side hustle is worth it for you:
- Income potential: Driving side hustles can be a great way to earn extra income, but the amount you can make can vary depending on the job and the hours you work. It’s important to do research and understand how much you can expect to earn before deciding if it’s worth it.
- Time commitment: Many driving side hustles allow you to set your own hours, which can be a great way to earn extra income without committing to a traditional 9-to-5 job. However, you’ll need to balance your side hustle with your other responsibilities and make sure you have enough time to meet your goals.
- Expenses: When working as a driver, you’ll need to consider expenses like gas, car maintenance, and insurance. Depending on the job, these expenses may be offset by earnings, but it’s important to understand the true costs before deciding if a driving side hustle is worth it.
- Flexibility: One of the advantages of driving side hustles is the flexibility they offer. If you’re looking for a way to earn extra income on your own schedule, a driving side hustle may be worth it for you.
Ultimately, the decision of whether a driving side hustle is worth it for you will depend on your individual goals and circumstances. Before committing to any driving side hustle, it’s important to do research, weigh the pros and cons, and make an informed decision.
Leave a Reply